January 29, 20180 Comments
Marketing and Development Position
The American Saddlebred Museum is seeking a skilled development and marketing professional to assist in fundraising, donor relationships, and execution of marketing and communication strategies for the Museum, located in Lexington, Kentucky at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Specifically in this role, you will:
- Manage and create written content for external distribution - newsletter, press releases, brochure, etc.
- Coordinate, create and publish material for social media and the Museum's website.
- Oversee graphic design concept and execution in print - knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop beneficial.
- Support the management of key events, including organizational events, exhibit opening events, and fundraisers for the Museum.
- Plan and execute strategic fundraising for the Museum's operations and special projects - assist with annual campaign.
- Assist in development of and coordinate a volunteer program.
- Attend all Museum events.
Educational/Skills/Minimum Experience Requirements:
- B.A. in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience - marketing and development.
- Nonprofit experience is required.
- Proven ability to fundraise.
- Candidates with equine industry experience will be given preference.
- Exceptional organization skills; ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently as needed.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to travel on occasion.
- This position requires a true commitment to the mission and vision of the Museum.
- Salary Range: $38,000-$42,000 - commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance benefits program including dental and HSA.
- Employer 3% match retirement plan.
This position reports to the Executive Director
Applicants may send their resume to Jennifer Foster at jennife[email protected]