September 12, 20190 Comments
The American Saddlebred Museum is pleased to accept nominations for the Keith Bartz Impact Scholarship Award. The award is $1,500 and is given to an individual dedicated to raising awareness of the American Saddlebred and improving the community.
Keith Bartz was an individual who focused his time, talent, and resources on building the American Saddlebred Museum and celebration of the American Saddlebred horse. This scholarship celebrates his life by awarding an individual that exemplifies the same character and achievements. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual UPHA National Conference.
Scholarship criteria and application information are listed below.
- Applicants must be twenty-one years of age or under. High school seniors, individuals enrolled in a two-year or four-year program at any college, trade school, or university are eligible to apply.
- Show substantial involvement with American Saddlebred horses and in the community.
- May be self-nominated or nominated by another individual who can attest to the character and accomplishments of the nominee.
- Provide an essay, no more than two pages, speaking to the nominee’s impact at school, home, barn and the community.
- Include full contact information and email to [email protected] by December 1, 2019 to be reviewed by scholarship committee.
- The scholarship money will be paid directly to the institution, university, college, or trade school for post-secondary educational expenses.
More information is on the Museum’s website at asbmuseum.org/scholarship or call (859) 259-2746 ext. 344.