ATTENTION ALL YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS!
The Museum’s Young Adult Committee is sponsoring an Art Contest! The Contest will be divided into two divisions, prizes being awarded in both divisions. Divisions are for Youth (18 and under) and Young Adults (19 – 35). Categories for artwork for each division include: Drawing and Painting; Sculpture; Photography; and Mixed Media (i.e. digital, paper, needlework, mosaic, jewelry, etc.).
1) All work must be original and be completed by the entrant.
2) Works must be Saddlebred-related in theme.
3) Hanging artwork must be limited to a size of 8” x 8” up to 20” x 20”, with overall framed measurements not to exceed 30”. All frameable art must be submitted in a simple black frame with a hook or a wire to facilitate hanging.
4) In lieu of a submission fee, all entrants will be required to be Museum Members
Youth membership fee is $10 for a year.
Young Adult membership is $20 for a year.
5) Photograph completed entry before shipping or delivery and email photo (in jpg format) to email@example.com.
6) Entries must be received by the Museum no later than January 15, 2013.
Art work will be judged by a panel of experts from various genres. Each age division will be judged separately, but all categories in the division will be judged against each other. The panel will choose the top 10 entries from each age division. Photos of each of the 20 items will then be posted on Facebook and the overall winners will be selected by the highest number of “Likes” received. The winner of each age division will receive a $500 gift card to the Apple Store, most generously donated by Carol Hillenbrand! The rest of the top 10 entrants will also receive a prize. Additionally, the 2 overall winning works may be considered for printing as post cards, note cards or Christmas cards, depending on suitability of subject matter.
The top 10 entries from each age division will be on display at the Museum beginning the first week in February until the last week in April 2013. Attendees to ASHA’s Annual Convention and the Spring Premier Horse Show (along with the general public) will have the opportunity to view the artwork. Please address any questions about this contest to Ashley Hallock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Grab your art supplies and let your creative juices flow! If you are an aspiring artist, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!